Nowadays more and more people are faced with such a problem as a lack of iron in the body. The causes of this disease may be many: pregnancy, lactation, excessive menstrual bleeding, exercise, aspirin.
Whatever the cause of the disease, it is necessary to deal with it. Treatment should be started as soon as possible. Consult your doctor that you have written out competent treatment.
But let’s talk about some of the nuances that are associated with taking iron supplements.
1. Iron supplements. Medicines that contain iron in its composition should be taken after lunch, in the afternoon.
2. Capsules. Drug that is discharged in the form of capsules, is better absorbed by the body.
3. Milk. Milk and dairy products do not need to be used within 2 hours after consumption of iron supplements. This is due to the fact that the milk is adversely affect iron absorption.
4. Reception. This medication is best taken between meals.
5. Orange juice. Vitamin C improves the absorption of iron.